Inimitable

I love the Lord and I am so proud to say that. I have not wrote a blog in quite sometime and that is because I have had no idea what to write.. Well, I still am unsure of what to write about but I feel that if I just start writing it will come to me... First and foremost, for my Mom and Dad, I have made a decision, this is something I have thought very long and hard about.... this decision is that I  have decided to go on a mission with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is my duty to do this and I want to do this, it is the least I can do considering what it has done to my life.

For those of you reading this and know who I am in any way shape or form, I consider myself to be a quiet yet loud individual. I am someone who is terribly shy yet insanely outgoing. I am so many different things and they make up the person that I am. I have come to accept the person who I am through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I heard once that this Gospel is a Gospel of change, and this is completely correct. I have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for nearly 10 months now. This has been such a huge change for me in my life... I went from being someone you would find at the bar every weekend with a drink in his hand, to giving myself to God trusting that following him and His son Jesus Christ's  example would lead me to bigger and better things. This folks has happened. The Gospel of change. If your reading this and do not know what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is, you should check it out on Mormon.org... (Yes I am a Mormon).

I used to be soooooooo shy about telling people that I got baptized and joined this church. I was so unsure how my friends would react to this decision that I made so suddenly.. I am pretty sure they were shocked when I eventually told them, but it was something that I really really wanted and I went for it. I know they support all my choices and are happy for me.. I am truly grateful for that because I was once so scared. I do not have the same relationship with them as I once did, nonetheless they still all mean a lot to me and I really hope that they are reading this because they would know who they are!

I love life, its fun, its stressful, its incredibly awesome, its unpredictable, and its difficult. Did you know that a special someone told me that this life is only about 2.5 hours in Heaven. So many people think that God cant be true because the Earth has been around for millions of years and the bible which starts from the beginning of time, is not nearly that long.. something like 6000 years or something. Well that does not mean God does not live, Heaven is so much different, everything works differently, and I am excited to experience it one day. That of course requires a lot of hard work and there is more to it then just going there but I am not going to get into that.

Remember at the beginning of this post I said I was unsure of what I wanted to talk about... well I am still unsure, but I am truly enjoying every second of writing this and I hope that you have either laughed, or smiled, or taken something from this. Being a Mormon is an incredible opportunity for me. I have been blessed so much. I have an amazing girl in my life. Her name is Laura Smith and she is the best and I love her a lot. She is an amazing person with the kindest heart. I have become so much closer with my family and I feel bad that I never called them this week but I was really busy all week and I know that shouldn't be an excuse but I am using it :) So I will call really soon I promise. Lastly, I have been blessed with a testimony of the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is the true word of God and it has been restored to the earth by the prophet Joseph Smith. Having a testimony of this book has been simply fantastic. There is a special power to it and I am grateful to have one and if anyone wants one I can get you one :)

I thank you for reading this, I just wanted to basically say that I am happy, and excited for life. Im going to follow my dreams and work hard and pray that I make it in this life. Success is what we make of our life. It is not money, I promise that. Success stems from happiness, happiness is eternal, not money and this is what we need to strive for. :)

Comments

Popular Posts